What is ACECQA?
What is ACECQA?
Most parents who are considering child care focus on finding a service which provides the best possible care. There are a number of informal ways to judge whether a service is providing quality care:
- Visit and check for yourself
- Talk to other parents and
- Question the director and staff of the service you are considering
Background research like this should help you narrow down your options.
On a national level the Federal Government via the Australian Children's Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) is responsible for working to ensure young children receive high quality care, including positive learning experiences, varied and interesting programs, a safe and secure environment and the benefit of good relationships between children, their families and their carers.
ACECQA works with state and territory governments and the early childhood sector to help realise the benefits of the National Quality Framework, the guidelines which describe how early childhood education and care services should be provided in Australia.
In conjunction with state and territory governments and jurisdictions ACECQA works to:
- implement changes that benefit children birth to 13 years of age and their families
- monitor and promote the consistent application of the Education and Care Services National Law across all states and territories
- support the children's education and care sector to improve quality outcomes for children.
For more information visit ACECQA.
This child care article was last reviewed or updated on Monday, 30 December 2019
LET'S GET SOCIAL
WANT MORE? SIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER TODAY!
NEED MORE INFO? CHECK OUT OUR OTHER CATEGORIES
- General Information on Child Care
- Approaches to Early Childhood Education
- Cost of Child Care
- Early Childhood Research
- ABC Kids Early Education Resources
- Child Care Centres
- Industry Interviews
- Preschool & Kindergarten
- Family Day Care
- Before School, After School & Vacation Care
- Nanny, Au Pairs & In Home Care
- Health, Wellbeing & Nutrition
- Work & Child Care
- Child Care Tool Kits
- Safety & Security
- Arts, Crafts & Activity Ideas
- Parenting & Family Life
- Profiles & Interviews
- Service Enhancements from CareforKids.com.au
- Diversity and Inclusion