Helen F is a Babysitter/In Home Carer/Nanny, with 20 years experience caring for children from any age. Helen F is represented by Abracadabra Childcare Services child care agency.
- If bookings are received within 48 hours of commencement of the assignment or made after hours then the booking fee will be $40 (+GST).
- If bookings are remote then there maybe an increase in the agency booking fee, please contact the agency for details
- If children to be cared for are from different families or if there is more than 3 children please contact the agency for details as additional fees maybe involved to comply with children to carer/nanny ratio
January 2015 - Dec 2015
Fixed term contract
Monash University Elwyn Morey Centre
Elwyn Morey centre closed in December 2015
Position: Specialist Teacher
• Plan and implement a program for children 3-4 years with additional needs and from CALD backgrounds using VEYLDF and EYLF Frameworks
• Collaboratively work with a team of other professionals from a range of disciplines, such as psychologist, speech therapists and occupational therapist.
• Liaise with other professions: paediatricians, maternal health nurses and doctors; forward reports, case meetings.
• Key worker-Family service coordination
• Key worker-Provision of outreach service to home, kindergarten and childcare services, to as a consultant to capacity build families and educators.
• Professional support, mentoring, coaching and consultation with early childhood services to provide inclusive and developmentally appropriate practice in line with regulations, frameworks, National Quality Standards and Quality Improvement Plan
• Involvement and participation in ongoing quality improvement
• Provide professional development to educators
• Data reporting for Department of Education and Training on IRIS
January 2014 – Feb 2015
Fixed term contract
Shire of Yarra Ranges
Position: Co-ordinator of Early Intervention and Inclusion
• Manage Early Childhood Consultancy and Advisory Programs: Preschool Field Officer, Inclusion Support Facilitators and Early Intervention Key Workers.
• Manage budgets and forecasting for the three individual programs and Co-ordinators budget
• Liaise and develop partnerships with funding bodies: Federal and State governments, private organisations/agencies and local government agencies
• Attend stakeholder meetings with Federal and State Government representatives.
• Collate and write business plans for Early Intervention and Inclusion unit
• Collate and write work plans for each of the three programs
• Consistently review business plans and work plans with team
• Service reviews for each program
• Support teams working across multiple sites with Occupational Workplace and safety.
• Write position descriptions for roles
• Advertise vacancies for positions
• Select and interview candidates
• Reference check on successful candidates
• Induction of new staff.
• Managing staff leave
• Monitor and review Performance Development Plans
• Collate and report Key Performance Indicators to management and funding bodies
• Mentoring, coaching and capacity building of Early Intervention, PSFO and Inclusion teams
• Develop surveys, collate and write reviews
• Project development and research
• Organise profession development for teams and individuals within the teams in line with Professional Development Plan
• Organise agenda for team meetings and conduct team meetings
• Ordering supplies and resources
Feb 2014– July 2015
Position: Casual Teacher/Trainer for Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
Position: Casual Course writer for Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
• Face to face and online training.
• Plan and deliver training for units for Cert 111 and Diploma
• Develop assessments, tests and assignments
• Marking tests, assignments and student presentations against competency criteria.
• Develop resources for students
• Placement visits and assessment of students against competency criteria.
• Write units for diploma course
February 2012 – Jan 2014
Kalparrin Early Intervention Centre
Position: Key Worker: Specialist Teacher (Feb 2012- June 2012)
Team Leader (June 2012 - Jan 2014)
• Developing policies and procedures for Kalparrin with other team leaders, and working with the leadership team to develop a strategic plan
• Development of the Team around the Child (TAC) leader role as this was a new innovation for the service.
• Coordination of the specialist teaching service and TAC team
• Mentoring and coaching of specialist teachers and TAC Team
• Coordinating team meeting, developing agenda and minutes
• Providing staff supervision
• Provision of family service coordination
• Provision of outreach service to home, kindergarten and childcare services, to capacity build families and educators.
• Professional support to services to provide inclusive and developmentally appropriate practice in line with regulations and VEYLDF and EYLF
• Involvement and participation in ongoing quality improvement for the service’s intake process
• Undertake duties of Key Worker – leading a trans-disciplinary team and providing specialist support to team members
• Provision of education sessions to community groups, families and teachers
• Professional development for team and educators
• Monitoring of staff leave
• Performance appraisal of specialist teachers and TAC Team
• Developing Key Performance Indicators for the team
• Parents information sessions
• Parent education programs
Moonee Valley Council
Position: Preschool Field Officer
• Receive referrals, keep confidential records, client base 160
• Provide data to funding body DEECD quarterly via IRIS (Computer program)
• Play based observations and Brigance Screen Assessments of children referred
• Provide advice and ongoing support to families and teachers with regard to children with additional needs and from CALD backgrounds
• Support staff in funded preschool programs in meeting the needs of individual children
• Capacity building staff with individualised programming, providing modelling, mentoring, support, resources and guidance
• Mentoring and coaching in quality inclusive programs for all children.
• Consultation with parents and referral to specialist services
• Liaison and consultation with community services and other early childhood professionals.
• Assessment and assistance with the process for children requiring a second year of kindergarten
• Assist kindergarten teachers with applications for KIS Funding
• Consultation and information to kindergarten staff and parents regarding kindergarten and school readiness
• Support for children transitioning to school
• Written reports to families, specialists and teachers
• Write quarterly newsletters for all services in the cluster and non-cluster in the municipality
• Advocacy on behalf of children and their families
• Collate and provide professional development programs for teachers and co workers
• Parent Education Programs
• Resource families and kindergarten staff
• Team member of Family and Children Services Team
• Liaise with external agencies State government and Private organisations
Position: Casual Lecturer and Sessional Tutor
Concurrent with PSFP role
• Plan and deliver lectures for Bachelor of Education Early Childhood and Primary
• Plan and deliver tutorials for Bachelor of Education Early Childhood and Primary
• Collate assessments tests and assignments
• Marking tests, assignments and student presentations against graded competency criteria.
• Develop resources for students
• Placement visits and assessment of students against graded competency criteria.
Director: Deep Creek Children’s Centre
December 1999 – December 2006
Owner/ Operator of Early Childhood Music Franchise and Consultancy
• Employed and managed10 staff
• Serviced 50 childcare centres and 15 Private Music groups for children
• Trained staff and wrote music programs for staff
• Managed Budgets for my business
• Consultancy to childcare services in early childhood education and music for children
• Began business in December 1999 with no clients and no staff.
Warringal Children’s Centre. Heidelberg
Carrington Boulevard Preschool. Thomastown
Manningham Heights Preschool. Bulleen
Gray Court Preschool. Moorolbark.
A Little Bit About Me...
I am a former kindergarten teacher and childrens music teacher and I have a genuine love for working with children. I have also held management and leadershiproles with local government and non for profit organisations. I am a mature person with two grown up girls one married and living in Miami and my other daughter studying in Queensland. I am looking to support a family and care and educate young children in their home and community environment.
Graduate Certificate in Special Education
Post Graduate Studies:
Positive Behaviour Support
Creating Inclusive Environments
Certificate IV Training and Assessment TAE40110
(RTO Plenty Training)
TAELLNN411 Adult language, literacy and numeracy skills.
(RTO Plenty Training)
Diploma of Teaching (Early Childhood and Junior Primary)
(University of Melbourne)
Qualified to teach ages 0-8years
My qualification (Diploma of Teaching) has been assessed in 2011 by Early Childhood Australia and is recognised by ACECQA as equivalent to a four year trained teacher (Bachelor)
Early Childhood Music Specialist and Consultant
Masters Certificate in Business Management
First Aid Training
Working with Children Check
Victorian Teachers Registration