Opening a new child care service?
Published on Monday, 05 December 2016
Last updated on Thursday, 01 October 2020
ACECQA has launched a resource for people interested in setting up a new service, or exploring the viability of doing so. This resource covers all the basics including:
- Understanding the legislation involved in opening a new service, including local planning controls, working with children checks, health department requirements and food safety laws.
- Understanding your service type, including the service options available and requirements under the NQF for those services.
- The approvals process; how you should apply and who to.
- Regulatory requirements including staffing, health and safety, indoor and outdoor space, policies and procedures and record keeping
- The National Quality Standard and how your new service will be rated and assessed against the standard.
- Useful contacts; the resource includes a list of useful agencies to speak to if you have questions or need assistance.
To view the new page click here.
In early education high turnover of staff can be a real problem for providers so it's important to try and attract the right people for your service without breaking the bank.
What makes a great teacher and how teachers add value to the developmental experience of children.
Tips for running a successful job interview for early childhood directors recruiting staff.