Our daughter joined this centre in 2016, it was a great place to keep my child safe and secure..
Since covid, the care for children at the centre is last of the priority and cost saving has become top priority..
During covid the first person they got to stood down was cook; while food is the main source for child's growth. Children were getting fed dry biscuits all day long with improper staff on shift and water was fed at irregular intervals.
We understood the situation and did our best to not send our daughter on various days during covid, which they were receiving grants from govt anyways. After covid grant ended, the same thing continued, cost cutting was visible at each instance:
1. Children were left outside for hours as they always have less staff since covid i.e. 2 staff for each 15 children or may be more.
2. Dry food especially biscuits get fed to them even if the cook is back because his hours have been reduced
3. My daughter constantly comes hungry or dehydrated as they are not willing to spend time because of less staff availability.
4. Water is kept in the play area while children are expected to behave like adults and ask for water as they need
5. Carers are least motivated and not willing to engage with children as will leave them to play their own. At various instances they won't even welcome the children or parents
6. At one instance on a 38 degree day, all children were left outside until 5:30 pm with heatwave warning. Upon asking carer told me that it is easier for carers to see parents and send the child out to them. After the complaint, they were able to manage it on very next day in similar weather conditions.
7. My child has recently learnd dotting (makeup) because carers are more busy in doing personal care rather than caring for children
8. One morning when I dropped my daughter and all children get served fruits 5 pieces. The pieces of fruits were of a size of a finger nail. It was rationed while all children were asking for more fruits, carer told them that is it for today. I felt emotional on my way to work thinking that I am working hard to give my children a better life and these people are not even feeding her properly. I was ashamed on myself that I don't have choice between earning livelihood and caring for my child.
9. They called me one day to tell me that my child is bitting other child. Well, when does a child cry, throw things or show signs anger? It is when they are kept hungry, there is no proper staff to pay attention. To manage it, instead of proper care they threatened my child constantly which I can see with her not being confident at home. My daughter also complained that she is scared and we had no choice but serve a notice period and no support available we had to send her to child care during this notice period.
Please look at the other reviews, they all are made a month ago. As they are not real and given by friends, family and carers in the centre.
If you don't care about your child's life please send them here because the only thing they care about is saving money.
13 Jan 2022
Poor childcare, my son got hit in the eye on two occasion. However, child carer attitude didn't seem to change, after 2nd incident, I was scared to send my son.
09 Dec 2020
My Daughter has been attending the Welland Centre for almost 2 years. The staff at the centre are amazing, they clearly love what they do and you can see this in the engagement they have with the children that attend. My daughter attends 3 days a week and has built a strong relationship with a number of the carers, which has continued even when she has moved into a new group/class.
We are notified as soon as there is an incident, even if it is minor and given an update of her day when myself or my wife pick her up at the end of the day.
I feel confident in leaving my daughter under the care of Precious Cargo Welland, and would highly recommend their service to other parents.
08 Dec 2020
Our kids love going to Kindy. I think that says it all.
07 Dec 2020
Our three-year-old has been with Precious Cargo Welland for 2/3 of his life - a significant time and what an essential influence it has been on the tender, funny, creative, considerate and engaged person he is today!
He crawled in the nursery, walked in waddlers, and now runs, jumps and dances with confidence in pre-kindy, and all with the hands-on guidance and dedication of the amazing educators, team leaders and Centre Director right there alongside him. Their attention, warmth and patience contribute significantly to the trusted environment we seek for our son, and we honestly can’t thank them enough for creating such a cultural and colourful community for him to thrive in.
Thank goodness he’s still too young to comprehend that sadly some good – great – things come to an end. We dread that day, but when it’s time to leap into his primary education, we know it will be with energy, empathy and the ability to form positive and endearing relationships with others, and to succeed in and enjoy that next and equally important phase of his life.
07 Dec 2020
My 18 month old son has spent the last year in the Nursery, and has now moved to Waddlers. He is in care five days a week since I work full-time, and it's his home away from home. I never have the slightest worry when I drop him off - I know he is in the best care. That peace of mind is priceless for any parent. The quality of the food, activities and equipment are very good. The educators are always willing to accommodate requests and wishes from parents. The practical life skills my son has learnt is wonderful to see. Couldn't be happier.
07 Dec 2020
My three year old daughter has been attending Precious Cargo Welland for over a year now and we have had a great experience! She is quite sensitive at times and the educators are more than accommodating in ensuring she is comfortable in her environment and help her settle when needed. She has become much more confident and learnt many new skills thanks to the educators. The chef, Ashley, also cooks her delicious meals and she is offered the recommended daily requirements to meet the nutritional guidelines. Overall, we couldn't be happier with the centre's facilities and the amazing staff that work there.
07 Dec 2020
My son loves his days at Precious Cargo Welland, so much that I’m sure he’ll be happy to attend full-time if we need him to in the future.
I have faith in the wonderful staff to keep him safe, happy, and inquisitive. He loves learning through play, has so far developed beautifully, and is flourishing in their care. I would definitely recommend!
02 Dec 2020
We consider Precious Cargo Welland our home away from home and the best place for my boy where he learns more things than I expected and he is a confident boy now :)
We have a great support and always a smile from each staff in the centre. Highly recommended!
02 Dec 2020
Hannah and her team at Precious Cargo Welland are exceptional people and educators. Our children have thrived under their guidance and education and emerged as kind and resilient children with a love of learning. The centre has been incredibly supportive and flexible, and the educators are so kind and supportive of us as parents, helping us to navigate the challenges of parenthood without judgement.The quality of care and education, the nutritious healthy meals and the incredible play and learning spaces are second to none. I'm so pleased we made the move to precious cargo. The benefits have been immeasurable. What an incredible foundation they have laid for our children to move into formal education at primary school.