When you are choosing OOSH services, think about:
- Location. How will my child travel to and from school to the OOSH service?
- Cost. What are the fees charged, and what do they include?
- Availability. How far ahead do I need to book? Are places available when I need them?
- Staff. What qualifications and/or experience do the staff have?
You should also consider your child's needs and interests:
- Are the children made to feel welcome by the staff and other children?
- Can I talk to staff about my child's needs and activities offered?
- Do the activities suit my child's interests? If my child doesn't want to join in organised activities, is there supervised free play?
- Is the environment suitable and interesting?
- Is homework supervised?
- Are any meals provided? Do they cater to special dietary needs (eg allergies)?
- Other considerations. Do they administer medication? Do they have a television and is it supervised?
Use our before and after school care search to find OOSH services in your local area and click here for Vacation Care.